Monday, August 1, 2011

Pinedale, Wyoming

I am in Pinedale, Wyoming visiting my cousin Cork and his wife. Cork is my first cousin on my mother's side of the family. It is always a treat for me to be able to visit them.

My computer is acting up again and I neglected to bring my restore CD. Thank God for my iPhone.

Some of you have asked for the completion of the saga of John O'Donnell. After the fall from the wagon, the family moved to Omaha, Nebraska. They bought some farmland there. I have the original paperwork for this land which is written in French. My pastor, who speaks French, helped me with the translation. Due to his injuries, John became unable to work and his sons and hired hands had to work the farm.

"On October 16,1886 he sold most of his land retaining only a small parcel with the house and buildings to live and sustain the family. In 1889 he applied for and received an $8.00 increase in his pension, making a total of $24.00 a month."

John O'Donnell died on July 14, 1894 at the age of 63.

No comments:

Post a Comment