Saturday, August 6, 2011

Home!

I left Las Vegas around 5:30 AM and arrived home around 11:00. It was a nice drive and it feels so good to be home.

I am looking forward to reading some of the books that I purchased on each fort. I am certain that this will lead me to doing some additional research into John O'Donnell and his family.

Arriving home, seeing the clutter that comes with combining households, I really had to take a deep breath and get to work. Colleen has been more than helpful, she has been awesome. We focused on the kitchen yesterday. We cleaned and rearranged the kitchen. Yes, Katie, you would be proud of us! Today, I need to focus on my part of the coat closet, so that Colleen can make a trip to Goodwill and our living room and be straighted up.

I want to thank all of you who have been following my journey. It has been fun sharing what I have learned and reading your comments and emails. I will upload more photos today. I have my laptop back in working order once again. I will also blog as I learn more either about the period of time or the family.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home!! THANK YOU for sharing your journey. I love history and genealogy.
    Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete