Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wyoming

Today is my last full day here in Wyoming. I have had a wonderful visit with Cork and his wife, Kate. Tonight we will Skype with our cousin, Mary Ruth, in CT.

Yesterday we had some good rain right after Cork and I went to the Bureau of Land Management to pick up some free postcards and posters for my classroom. I have been sending my class postcards throughout my trip. They are supposed to be tracking me on their US
map.

Tomorrow morning I will have a leisurely drive to Provo. I could probably have pushed myself farther, but this gives Colleen a little extra time to finish her move before I arrive home.

A little tidbit regarding the O'Donnell's. Mrs. O'Donnell had a difficult time receiving her widow's pension. After all of those years supporting her husband and family on the frontier she had to gather up all of the documentation on her husband. He had been listed as a deserter of the civil war. Luckily,she was able to change the records.

No comments:

Post a Comment