Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who Do You Think You Are?

I don't know if any of you watch this television program, but I love to watch it. When Colleen was living at home, we often watched it together. It is like Hansel and Gretel following bread crumbs or Miss Marple solving a mystery, it is all so fascinating to me.

I learned more about Sr. Francis Loretto. The sister who replied to my email was very gracious and even included a document for me. She said, "...Sister Francis Loretto, S.S.J., who was a highly respected and great educator." The document lists Sr. Francis Loretto's birth place, parents, and her "missions". She received her A.B. in 1926 and her M.A. in 1936. In 1932 she was the Supervisor of SSJ schools in Philadelphia and in 1956 she was Supervisor of SSJ schools in Philadelphia and Newark, NJ.

So it looks as though teaching is in my blood from both sides of the family. She died in 1969 which makes sense to me because I remember getting a letter stating that when I sent a letter to her.

Now, what other bread crumbs will I find on my path? Who knows, but life is an adventure, so enjoy every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment