Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cousins

I heard from my cousin, Tom, and he attended I attended St. Augustine Indian Mission from the second to the eighth grades. "I remember the Blessed Sacrament nuns from my earliest years. I seem to recall a visit of the Mother General who I assume was Mother Drexel. I seem to recall being a relative rookie alter boy that was only allowed to carry unlit candles. They were replaced by The School Sisters of Notre Dame and lay teachers for my last couple of years."


"Most of the students lived at the school. We had two classrooms with four rows in each. The grades were organized by rows. All students had classes,and work periods. The boarding students had evening study halls. I was the second smartest in my eighth grade class, but that was of little merit as there were only two of us!"

It amazes me how history can come full circle and tie us together as family. I am sure that Kayla has no idea who Tom even is!

When I had a K, 1st, 2nd grade class, I used to complain about the planning. I cannot even imagine having to prepare for 4 grade levels!

I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and the age of technology to help bring us all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment