Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Being Thankful



We are approaching Thanksgiving day and I could easily stop and feel sorry for myself with my big nose following the removal of a spot of basal cell cancer, but there is just too much to be thankful for.

The cancer has been successfully removed and although my nose feels huge now, the healing process has begun.

I heard from the Ranger at Fort Davis. They are setting up a display in the museum and want to use the picture of John O'Donnell and Mary Catherine Kissane. They would also like to use some of his other documents. I was able to lighten the photograph with my scanner and my photo program. I am thrilled to pieces that they want to use it. I cannot email it as they want it in as high resolution as possible, so I will mail them a CD. I have wonderful memories of that trip.

I also heard from the woman who works in the museum at Fort Sedgwick. I emailed her a document and asked her if she knew how to get copies of regimental records. I await her email with high hopes.

I am thankful for my family and friends who were so interested in this trip. My parents were friends with the Gough family here in San Diego. There was a special panel for parents of the deaf that I attended at school one evening last week. Well, the grandson of the Gough's was there to interpret. He asked what I had been up to and I told him of my trip. He was fascinated because he enjoys studying that part of history.

As Thanksgiving approaches, I wish all of you who follow my blog, a very happy day filled with thankfulness for all that we have, all that we are, and our many friends and family who support all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you, my sweet friend.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete